Thursday, July 10, 2008

Word Explosions, Colors, Father's Day, Fourth of July

It had been an embarrassingly long time since I have posted last! (I know I always say that, but this time it really is true!)

Looking at the pictures below, he really has gotten a lot bigger. And he has had a word explosion! He can literally repeat just about anything these days (so we have to be careful) even architechture, hee hee, but he doesn't know what that one means. I am amazed by how much he learns everyday.

When we were on vacation away from Z for 10 days in Europe, Grandmama (my mom, he call her that now) taught him most of his colors, then Randy really got him to learn them by feeding him M&M's! Luckily though he doesn't expect them. But I did give him some when he went to the bathroom on his little potty, so everytime I ask if he needs to go, he says M&M. But he won't go anymore, says no, even with an M&M bribe!

He is also learning a bunch of songs and definitely has his favorites, though they change from day to day. Heaven help me if I sing the wrong song, LOL! He will say no and correct me on what he wants! Current favs are twinkle twinkle, wheels on the bus, old mcdonald, ants go marching, itsy bisty spider. And he also walks around the house singing winnie the pooh, winnie the pooh, song from the original pooh, even though he has never seen it, I guess I just sing him that song a lot!

Much more to update on, but for now I will post some pictures.

From April:
Helping Daddy walk Mya

King of the slide!

Before I chopped my hair!

Baby blues!

Pool time:
I love getting wet!

Mom you really should change my diaper!


And popsicles! This was later that night, you can tell how sleepy he is from swimming all day! Cayden is on the left

Moody Gardens, Fathers Day:
Walking with his backpack (leash) at Moody Gardens on father's day

Running around the splash pad at Moody Gardens, he was just running and laughing, this was his favorite.

Fourth of July:


Building sand castles

My favorite pic that Steve took, Z, Maddy and Me. Almost looks posed!




No comments: